Engineer & Researcher at Google AI Language 2019 - Present
- Language Understanding with Deep Learning.
- Multilingual Entity Linking at scale.
Machine Learning at Apple, China 2018 - 2019
Engineering Manager at Apple, California 2017 - 2018
Founding Engineer at Lattice Data 2015 - 2017
- Employee #4 and Staff Engineer at Lattice Data, acquired by Apple for ~$200M.
- Expert in transforming unstructured “dark data” to structured knowledge.
- Architected inference engine, information extraction modules, pattern language for distant supervision, and distributed execution frameworks.
- Built many applications that turned into shipped data products.
- Led a team of 6 engineers to build tools for machine learning platform.
- Built workflows for doing error analysis and improving data quality, and mentored teammates.
Research Assistant at Stanford 2013 - 2015
At Stanford, I was a research assistant advised by Professor Christopher Re, working on building and using knowledge bases. I was one of the active contributors of DeepDive, a scalable probabilistic inference engine well-received by both academy and industry.
Research Intern at Toshiba, Japan 2015 - 2015
Led a project in patent analysis. Extracted patent claim structures using probabilistic relation extraction techniques. Built a system that visualizes, compares, and searches patents, with the help of extracted structures. Published work on SIGIR 2017.
Collaborated on constructing knowledge base for semiconductor material attributes from research papers, using machine reading and relation extraction techniques.
Software Engineering Intern at Tableau Data 2014 - 2014
Worked on backend functionalities of the new generation of Tableau Server, including user and group logics, and general internal tools.